Answered

LG C1 and Beam 2 pass through audio

• 6 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi

recently bought a Beam gen 2 and LG C1. I’ve read other articles on the forum explaining the best settings for Dolby Atmos. However if I set ‘Digital Sound Output’ to “Pass Through” the sound is quiet. If I set this to “Auto” the Beam is much louder and my app still says it’s outputting Dolby Atmos. My question is am I getting a lesser version of Atmos by having Auto selected? 
also out of general curiosity why is the sound quieter with Pass Through selected?

earc support is selected and Beam is plugged into HDMI port 2 on the C1

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 January 2022, 20:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

In the Sonos app, if you go to Settings > System > About My System and scroll down to the Beam info, if it says “Dolby Atmos (DD+)” after “Audio In:” then you are getting the correct version of Dolby Atmos.

I’m not sure why the Pass Through setting results in quiet audio. If you disable eARC on the TV, does it make a difference with the TV set to Pass Through?

Where “Auto” or “Passthrough” is selected it says “Audio in: Dolby Atmos”. Is that correct or does it need the (DD+) after it?

I turned earc off and it got a little louder 

Userlevel 7

Are you streaming Atmos content from native apps on the LG or from an external media device connected to the TV?

From Apple TV

Userlevel 7

The Apple TV 4K uses Dolby MAT to play Dolby Atmos audio, not Dolby Digital Plus. So “Dolby Atmos” displayed after “Audio In” is what you want to see. I would keep eARC enabled and keep the TV set to Auto. eARC is required to get Dolby Atmos audio from the Apple TV.

Ok will do. Thanks

will I get better Atmos from Native Apps on my LG TV?

Userlevel 7

No, it will be the same.