Answered

LG B8/ATV4K/Arcana intermittent sound

• 22 March 2022
  • 5 replies

My setup:  (all latest firmwares).  100% streaming through ATV4K.  Mainly YouTubeTV, Netflix, HBO, AppleTV+.

ATV4K → arcana input.  
Arcana eARC out → Sonos Arc.

Arcana HDMI out → LG B8 HDMI ARC

problem:  when tv is turned off (sleep), when powers back on, ATV audio setting has turned DA off and no sound through Sonos Arc.  If I restart ATV4K, DA comes back alive and sometimes then works perfectly until next sleep cycle or the DA sound is very broken.  Then if I unplug the Sonos arc, it works perfectly.

note:  this started between May 2021 and Feb 2022.  I was not using ATV during this time.  Worked perfectly before this time.  Same 8K ultra fast HDMI cables as prior. 

any ideas what might cause this.  Appreciate any advice..

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 23 March 2022, 00:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried disconnecting the Apple TV from the TV and unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes? I would also change the Sleep After setting on the Apple TV to “Never”.

Have you tried disconnecting the Apple TV from the TV and unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes? I would also change the Sleep After setting on the Apple TV to “Never”.

Yep done all that… when I say sleep it is basically turning everything off at night… either TV remote or holding power on ATV4k and hitting sleep… either way same result

I seem to have to reset Sonos Arc by unplugging.. then all is good

If you’re not unplugging the TV from power, then it’s “sleep” and not actually resetting/rebooting the OS for the TV, as @GuitarSuperstar is suggesting. In general, it should only need to be done once, assuming you’ve updated the software running the TV set. 

Userlevel 7

Yep done all that… when I say sleep it is basically turning everything off at night… either TV remote or holding power on ATV4k and hitting sleep… either way same result

Rather than rebooting ATV4K each time, what happens if you just toggle DA off then on again in ATV4K?

Rather than rebooting ATV4K each time, what happens if you just toggle DA off then on again in ATV4K?

Yes… thats usually my first move because in ATV audio setting/format, it just says auto.  If I toggle it, sometimes it will come back and be in auto, DA available… but “if” it does, it will be broken (cut in and out).  When it gets this way, I unplug Sonos and back in and it’s fine.  Next time I will try to just unplug Sonos first.  Looking for a fix but also trying to figure out fastest way to get it back up.

Because I can with arcana, I went backwards to try  version .79, but still acting up. Seems like with all the different software; Sonos, ATV4K, arcana, and LG are not quite in sync. This is the bad part about having multiple items doing updates.. they break each other.  

Not for sure if it could be a setting in the arcana.  Never had to adjust any settings before.