Answered

LG 77C14 MIA 5.1

• 10 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

I’m just about pulling my hair out with my Sonos and 77C14.

I have a Playbase, two One’s and a 3rd Gen Sub running off Optical Out. Always works, never a problem until today. Nothing from any source will play in 5.1, says Stero/PCM in the Sonos App. Tried my Sky Q box, ATV 4K, and even the on TV streaming with the TV displaying that the output is in the correct DD 5.1 or Atmos etc.

Tried different HDMI cases, just in case, tried a different Optical cable, still the problem persists. Read 1000 different solution and tried everything I can find/think of. 

Anyone have a clue please as it’s doing my head in. 

icon

Best answer by Cell 10 September 2022, 19:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If it was working and suddenly it’s not, I’d go through the audio out settings for the tv. Some manufacturers will send out an update that can reset things to a default that may not be what you need.  

Badge +1

If it was working and suddenly it’s not, I’d go through the audio out settings for the tv. Some manufacturers will send out an update that can reset things to a default that may not be what you need.  

I’ve managed to find a thread on this issue, which, maybe to do with the buddy GUI.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-c1-lg-support-says-the-c1-optical-out-is-stereo-only-is-this-right.2418924/

Funny thing is I did change the settings to internal + optical out the other day. It maybe the root cause of the issue. 

I think I’ll give LG a cal and see what they say. Very frustrating.