Answered

LG 55B7 and Playbase - No recognized signal from optical

• 29 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi There,

I've been going through similar topics here on the forums for a while now and am still unable to get any audio through my sonos from the TV.

The TV is a LG 55B7 55" OLED. I have a Playbase connected to two Play:1 speakers.

The red light in the optical input on the playbase is glowing, the cable from the TV to the playbase is also glowing red. There doesn't appear to be any other troubleshooting steps I can take at this time.

The playbase/play:1 setup was working fine with my previous TV and the RCA cable connections. I can't seem to get the Line-in to recognize that there is signal coming in. It just tells me "To use Line-in, connect a device to a Line-in capable Sonos player."
icon

Best answer by n8lieby 29 December 2017, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Whoops. It turns out that I have a connect, not a playbase. They only have optical out. Not in. Feeling awfully dumb now. 😃
Ah, that makes more sense. I was trying to figure out how a pair of RCA cables did anything with the Optical connection on the PLAYBASE.

So does the LG OLED have any analog output that you can connect the RCA cables to?
Nope. New LG comes with optical as the sole output. 😞

Bummed out, as the connect was the only way I had to get my TV connected to the other speakers in the house. At least the mystery is solved.

For now I'm getting a janky optical-to-RCA adapter. In the future I figure I'll have to fork over the dough for a playbar.
I'd give a lot of consideration to getting a PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE. Sure, it's a lot more cash, but it will connect to all of your speakers, and to the optical output on the TV.