Answered

Level sound volume with Arc and LG tv?

• 6 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Added the ARC to my new LG tv for better sound clarity. It has done that job, but now I’d like a more level sound volume. I wanted enhanced volume for dialog but limited volume for loud noises ( gun shots, jet engines, explosions, etc.). Input is cable TV and streaming movies. I’ve adjusted the Sonos app with enhanced dialog and I’ve turned on the night mode. 
The peak sounds are still too loud, as are commercials - is there any additional options I can try? 
It seems an automatic gain control should be available to compress the overall volume range.
thanks in advance

jon 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 August 2023, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Night mode and speech enhancement usually solves these type of issues, but if that’s not the case for you, then perhaps try adjusting the ‘TV Level’ and EQ controls in the Arc ‘Room’ settings … "Settings/System/Arc Room Name” in the Sonos App.

Hope you find what you’re looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not that it helps you, but commercials only seem louder because they use compression. In the US it is illegal to play them louder: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/loud-commercials-tv

What this does mean is that lowering volume for commercials will not help.