led flashing green

• 4 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , I have 

Beam gen 2 

2x One SL surround speakers 

Everything is connected and works as it should , all LEDs on top are white , but if I toggle off the surrounds they flash green !! If I toggle them back on they go solid white as before . 

According to this page 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US

When they flash green they're ready to be set up ?? But if I toggle them back on in the app they work as before ! 

I can get my head around them flashing green which means they need setting up when they work , they are in the app in the list of devices 

icon

Best answer by ratty 4 December 2021, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Perhaps see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3638

This is correct behaviour. The LEDs flash slowly when the surrounds have been disabled. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Mine doesn't have the red dot saying " not configured " 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

This is correct behaviour. The LEDs flash slowly when the surrounds have been disabled. 

Thanks for your reply , it just doesn't say it on the website for led status 

Not all articles are complete. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Not all articles are complete. 

Ive just noticed this 

I've added the surrounds to the same room as the beam , I selected " living room " when setting it all up so I selected living room for the beam and the surrounds

Your surrounds are bonded correctly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Your surrounds are bonded correctly. 

Right 😊 I've removed the surrounds and readded them but given the beam " living room " 1x surround " living room 2 " and 1x surround " living room 3 " it then asked if I wanted to add them as surrounds to the " living room " ....I've done that , they're both working BUT when I toggle surrounds off they flash green still ! So as you've said @ratty " Not all articles are complete " must be the case ! Toggle them back on and they're lit up white . Thanks again 

@Edgie70 

I wasn’t too sure about the flashing green light (I never toggle off my surrounds), but I did see in the HT article I linked to earlier it said this… "If your product shows a flashing green light after powering up, you’ll need to add it back to your system”. I presumed that just meant to toggle the surrounds back ‘on’, rather than adding them back to the system as though they were new products, but I agree the article isn’t clear …and at the foot of every support page there is an option saying ‘was this article helpful’ - you can just select ‘no’ to that to then feed comments back to the Sonos ‘content’ team for their consideration. 

There's a danger of over-thinking this. When the surrounds (or Sub) are toggled OFF in the settings (which a user probably wouldn't often do) they flash slowly. It's simply a reminder.