Answered

keep getting “?” where surrounds and sub should be with Arc

• 7 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
  • Prodigy III
  • 324 replies

It’s a weird one but in the last month or so the surrounds and sub connected to my arc, keep dropping and I end up with “?” Listed in the system

its ONLY the ones connected to the arc, no the ones connected to a beam.

The system is near a Google WiFi mesh router and is set to connect via WiFi as opposed to SonosNet.

if I reboot the speakers, they work again, if I restart the WiFi, they work again too.

I have tried dhcp reservations for the arc, surrounds and sub… same issue.

Arc always works fine, it’s just the surround and sub that drops.

I don’t have any issues with any other WiFi devices, it’s very odd.

only started a month or so back.

nothing has changed, that I am aware of.

diag 1981386366

any ideas.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 October 2021, 23:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You could be experiencing wireless interference. See how to reduce wireless interference here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

You might also try connecting the Arc directly to the main router with an ethernet cable.

Does rebooting only ARC work through this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@buzz yes, rebooting only the Arc solves the issue.

weirdly, it seems to have stopped being an issue again.

No updates on Google WiFi, but I noticed there was a firmware update for Arc and Beam (v13.3.2)…. maybe pure coincidence, but since then all has been good.

I wired my Arc to ethernet yesterday and moved the Sub (gen 3) and had the same question marks for the sub. It appears that everything was working fine but I had no sub controls after doing this and disabling wireless for the Arc. I disabled and reenabled my Sub and everything went back to normal. Now it has Sub in the parentheses instead of the question mark.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Justinreinke8 

Please don’t disable WiFi on the Arc after connecting the ethernet cable. The Sub relies on a direct 5GHz link to the Arc’s radio.

Edit: ...as do the surrounds.