Answered

Just Bought Sonos Arc and Have 2020 Samsung TV?

• 26 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Just got my Sonos Arc. I have a 2020 Samsung Q8DT Tv from Costco. I’m planning on setting up my arc in next few days.

I have read on here that a lot of people have had connectivity and sound issues with the Samsung TV…weather the sound cuts out or they are not getting the Atmos sound. I called tech support for Sonos and they say issues have been fixed.

Does anyone have any info or update on this situation as I’m hoping not to have any problems when I set up the speakers?  I have an eArc HDMI port 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 February 2022, 02:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You just have to test it out yourself and hope for the best. Some Samsung users no longer experience issues. Some users still have issues. Some users never had any issues. Hopefully you will be one of the latter. Be sure your TV is up to date and enable Anynet+ before you set up the Arc.

You just have to test it out yourself and hope for the best. Some Samsung users no longer experience issues. Some users still have issues. Some users never had any issues. Hopefully you will be one of the latter. Be sure your TV is up to date and enable Anynet+ before you set up the Arc.

Thanks should I also have The HDMI-eArc mode set to auto as well in the sound settings.

Userlevel 7

Yes, go ahead and set eARC mode to Auto. If you experience problems, turn off eARC. eARC mode is really only necessary if you are using an external media device like an Apple TV 4K or Blu-ray player that requires eARC to pass through higher quality audio codecs.