Issues connecting 2 Sonos One(s) as surrounds to Beam

• 27 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I hooked up a Beam to my television today and, although the beam works fine with the television, I cannot link my two Sonos One speakers to provide left and right surround sound channels.

When using surround sound set up, the speakers cannot be found and eventually a message is displayed "There was a problem adding the surround speaker”. I have tried various configuration changes and also resetting the ones several times but to no avail.

Both Sonos One speakers work fine on their own or as a stereo pair.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Not added surrounds for a while so I’m speculating: Do you have them allocated to a different room? The app may be looking for additional speakers. You may need to remove them from the room before they become “available” to add as surrounds. 

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. Beam is connected to the TV and working. I add both the One SL speakers to the same room as the Beam. I select set up surround and eventually a message comes up that says there was a problem adding the surrounds. The speakers are then still showing in the room but as “Media Room (+? +?)” … When I go into the Media Room there is an option to “Remove Surrounds” so they must be partially connected as surrounds ? Once I remove the surrounds I need to do a factory reset on each speaker in order for the system to recognise them again. 

Did you end up solving your issue ?
Thanks

Michael. 

I have exactly the same issue but when trying to add two bookshelf’s to the Beam. It takes ages and then fails and shows the room with “(+? +?)”.

Tried everything I can think of, resetting everything, starting from scratch, wired and wireless to no avail. Seems like a bug in the new S2 app to me. 

Does anyone have a fix yet?

Same issue here and I’ve been trying for over and hour I reset my whole system and still nothing they won’t even pair or recognize each other to make a pair!

I just figured out you have to connect them all separately to the same network then you can hit add surrounds after connecting the two s L’s individually! Then it will recognize them

My issue was WiFi related even though I had tried it on both my Cisco AP and my default Sky AP. In the end the only way I could get the surrounds added was to hardwire the beam on Ethernet (but don’t disable WiFi still otherwise it wouldn’t work!!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Beam needs wifi set to on to communicate with the surrounds via a 5Ghz link.

I have the same issue.

I reset my two devices of Sonos One SL and make the connection to local WiFi, but making them as surrounds of my Beam does not work totally. It always says there is a connection error. It is really wired and annoying.

Can someone help?