Question

Issue with TV speakers turning on for Vizio M550SL

• 27 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I've successfully connected my Beam to my Vizio M550SL using the Optical Out connection (my model does not have an ARC). I turned off the TV speakers through the Vizio main menu, but whenever I turn the TV off then on again, the TV speakers revert back to turning on, and the audio is played through both the TV speakers and the Beam, causing an echoing sound.

To fix the issue, I simply go back to the Vizio menu and turn off the TV speakers again, but I was wondering is this was an issue anyone else had experienced, and if there was a way for me to turn off the TV speakers permanently?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi sagana

According to the manual for your TV it has HDMI_ARC (CEC) capability. Click here.

To continue...on Page 8 the manuals shows HDMI 1 as the ARC connection. On Page 38 there is more information on how to enable CEC which is the Vizo's technology imbedded in HDMI 1 (ARC).

FYI, there is information on Page 29 of your manual on how to reset audio to factory settings. You might try it and again attempt to connect the Beam via optical. Test to see if your TV speakers remain off after turning the TV on/off/on/off/on.

Before you attempt anything I suggest you visit Page 50 of the manual and contact Vizo support to learn how to update your set; if you don't already know.

Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!