Answered

Issue with Arc Bass

• 11 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I received my Arc yesterday and initial impressions are...poor. The bass performance is much, much worse than even the $150 vizio soundbar it replaces (and worse than every other Sonos product I own). The woofers sound like they are bottoming out and rattling during any music or TV that has even a slight amount of bass. Has anyone else noticed the same? I am not sure if this is a possible hardware defect or whether all Arcs exhibit this behavior. 

Try, for instance, watching the opening credits from “Dirty Money” on Netflix. It’s theme song is by Run the Jewels and it sounds atrocious on the Arc. Almost as if the woofers are being asked to play far beyond their capabilities (despite the volume at 35-40% and the Bass EQ being flat). I sincerely hope mine is defective and that this isn’t just the performance we should expect from the Arc.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 June 2020, 02:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Wow! That’s concerning to hear. Hopefully it is a defective unit as all the reviews have been not only glowing but have talked about how great the bass is. Please let us know what your resolution is! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I received my Arc yesterday and initial impressions are...poor. The bass performance is much, much worse than even the $150 vizio soundbar it replaces (and worse than every other Sonos product I own). The woofers sound like they are bottoming out and rattling during any music or TV that has even a slight amount of bass. Has anyone else noticed the same? I am not sure if this is a possible hardware defect or whether all Arcs exhibit this behavior. 

Try, for instance, watching the opening credits from “Dirty Money” on Netflix. It’s theme song is by Run the Jewels and it sounds atrocious on the Arc. Almost as if the woofers are being asked to play far beyond their capabilities (despite the volume at 35-40% and the Bass EQ being flat). I sincerely hope mine is defective and that this isn’t just the performance we should expect from the Arc.

Thanks

Mine is the same.  It definitely has worse bass than the two play 5 I have.  Look on reddit theres others with the same issues.

I'm also disappointed as non of the reviews mentioned this.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Mind posting it here;

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-arc-muddy-bottoming-out-bass-6842379?postid=16438303#post16438303

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Mind posting it here;

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-arc-muddy-bottoming-out-bass-6842379?postid=16438303#post16438303

I know the OP already has, but let’s keep all of this feedback in the thread you linked. The team really wants to get more details about this so having the info in one place helps immensely. I’m going to close this thread, but if you have noticed any bass issues with an Arc, please go to the linked thread here and post.