Is there anyone ever in the world connected Sonos to any model of Sony Playstation?

• 13 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I have Sonos Arc since 2020. and a playstation 4 pro. Sonos never worked with PS4 like its other straight-forward features. 

I wonder if there is anyone in the world has succeed connecting them?

will there be any PS support come to Sonos?

Since Sonos overrides settings and doesnt support PlayStation mutes everything; and the forgot putting a turn off button on it, i have to plug it off while playing PS

Sonos drastically decreases my gaming comfort, fyi who has a PS and would like to consider buying Sonos system

Moderator Note: Combined two posts so it doesn’t look like topic has been replied to already.

2 replies

Maybe this old thread will be of some help to you…

In general, or even perhaps specifically, the Sonos soundbars are all set up to use a digital output of some type, either optical, or HDMI-ARC or eARC. In HDMI ARC or eARC, that implies a device that will generate an ARC signal to be fed to the Sonos. In the majority of the cases, that involves a TV set of some type, which has the electronics necessary to do so. The Sony device does not.

What device are you feeding the PS4’s output to? Does that device not have ARC capability built in? Or even an optical out, that you could connect to the available Sonos adapter that takes an optical signal and transfers it to ARC?