Question

Is the Sonos Arc an upgrade from Sonos Playbar?!

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Have a playbar and have been looking at a JBL 9.1 but then read about the Arc.

Has anyone gone from a Playbar (plus sub + surrounds) to an Arc with and have any opinions on whether it’s worthwhile? My TV doesn’t have eArc but I can get Atmos I believe but in general I am just hoping for better surround and immersion.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

I replaced my Playbar with the Arc, to be frank, I wish I have kept the Playbar. The Arc delivers a somewhat flat sound profile and is extremely hard to tune.

We switch off/on Trueplay quite often to see if the music sounds better without, often playing with surround sound settings; e.g. distance of the Play 1 speakers, ambient vs full sound. 

We are continuously fiddling to get it optimal, which we definitely did not have to do with the Playbar. It just doesn't feel right.

On top of that we regularly experience sound cuts playing content, and the response, transparency and commitment from Sonos - as you can see in the various threads - is below par.