Question

Is Sonos preventing connection between TV and airpods?

• 19 August 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a brand new Samsung smart TV that is equipped with Bluetooth.  Prior to installing Arc and Sub on this TV, I was able to listen to the TV sound through the TV speakers and could connect my Airpod pros and listen without issue.

After setting up the Arc and Sub (using the HDMI ARC port on the TV), the airpods can still connect to the TV but there is either no sound or very high volume that is too loud to listen to (and volume is not controllable (line level?)).

Is this a known issue? Is it wireless interference between the Arc and Sub? Is there a way to stay connected to Sonos but also utilize the Bluetooth/Airpod connection (and silence Arc).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think it isn’t Sonos, but instead HDMI CEC. Try turning it off on your TV, and then use the headphones. When you want to use the Arc, turn HDMI CEC back on. 

Bruce, thank you!  You nailed it. I was able to find in the device manager and when off, the AirPods work as anticipated. 

hopefully in time Samsung will be able to automate so when the AirPods are connected the mode switches automatically. But I’m happy to manually switch for the functionality. 

Thanks again!!