Answered

Is Sonos Beam Dual Voltage?

• 10 December 2019
  • 9 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos Beam Shadow Edition from Costco. The bottom of the speaker says the following with respect to Voltage and current --> 100-240 V 50/60 Hz 2.5 A. The Speaker came with just a Plug and no bulky Power adapter unlike other speakers that I have.

In future , I will be taking this to India and in India we have 220-240V 50 Hz voltage. So my question is can I use the same plug that came in the box for the speaker or do I need to get a Power adapter from Sonos to use in India? Or a simple plug converter will work?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 December 2019, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

@saptarshi.dsg

Under normal circumstances you’ll have to order the correct cable from Sonos.  I say normal as I’ve never heard of the Sonos Beam Shadow Edition assuming that’s a legitimate device. However, I probably need to get out more often. :grinning: 

Cheers!

Edit: I just researched the Sonos Beam Shadow Edition and yes; it does exist! Will wonders never cease  :scream:

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I say normal as I’ve never heard of the Sonos Beam Shadow Edition assuming that’s a legitimate device. However, I probably need to get out more often. :grinning: 

Cheers!

The Shadow Edition is a special version for Costco and some other similar stores. It’s legit, and yes, it’s auto voltage switching. Just make sure you’ve got the right power cable to use.

Kinda weird.

https://www.costco.com/sonos-beam-shadow-edition.product.100513510.html

Looks just like a black Beam to me.  Sounds like someone at Costco got a little creative with the name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Kinda weird.

https://www.costco.com/sonos-beam-shadow-edition.product.100513510.html

Looks just like a black Beam to me.  Sounds like someone at Costco got a little creative with the name?

It’s basically the same color black as the Move, not the standard Sonos black you’d find on the Sonos One or the normal Beam.

Userlevel 7

In my family, there’s a saying “The Shadow do...” which was apparently a gaffe from the beginning of one of the radio episodes. 

Just make sure you’ve got the right power cable to use.

To clarify: a simple adapter that will allow the US plug to fit in Indian wall sockets is all that is needed, the US cable itself need not be changed.

Is there any difference between the Shadow edition and the sonos.com version of the beam?

Often products created for Costco have cut corners somewhere. I wonder if they did here too.

Can someone from Sonos comment on this?

Thanks

Probably not till Monday, there’s frequently sparse moderator coverage on weekends. You could shortcut the wait by contacting Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

Honestly, I’d be surprised if there was any difference between the two other than the color, but would love to know for sure.