Answered

Is room grouping possible with a Home Cinema setup?

• 10 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

Hopefully you can help out - I’ve searched high and low for an answer but can’t find it. 

I have a number of Sonos speakers dotted around 5 rooms of the house (Play:1’s and Play:5’s).

I’m seriously considering buying the Sonos Home cinema setup with new Arc, Sub and 2 surrounds but want to know something first.

Will it allow me to:

1. Watching for example a concert on YouTube through the TV and Home cinema setup, can I ‘group’ other rooms with the HomeCinema setup to hear that music in sync around the house?
  1.  And similarly, if listening to music in some of my 5 existing rooms, can i also select the HomeCinema setup and hear the music from that as well?

Thanks,

Jonny

icon

Best answer by BMF 10 June 2020, 12:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Jonny,

yes you can do both of these things, the “Home Cinema” surround set up is seen by the sonos app as a single room so you just select the other rooms/speakers and group them as you would music speakers.

I use the kitchen Sonos One to sometimes have the sound from one of the TV’s… so I can cook and listen to the same thing that people are watching on TV.

Yes you can do the same for music, start streaming in the kitchen then add the TV sound system to the group

works really well

Badge

Hi Jonny,

yes you can do both of these things, the “Home Cinema” surround set up is seen by the sonos app as a single room so you just select the other rooms/speakers and group them as you would music speakers.

I use the kitchen Sonos One to sometimes have the sound from one of the TV’s… so I can cook and listen to the same thing that people are watching on TV.

Yes you can do the same for music, start streaming in the kitchen then add the TV sound system to the group

works really well

Thanks for responding, that is really good news and help me to plan my next purchase.  If I get the Home Cinema setup for the lounge, that will be the main source of sound in that room which will allow me to move a Play:5 to my dining room to make a stereo pair :-)  

Thanks again.