Answered

Is Alexa beep and voice volume on Beam tied to speaker volume like Sonos One?

• 23 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Biggest complaint I have with the Sonos One is that the Alexa wake beep and voice is usually way too loud since it appears to be tied to the speaker volume and can't be adjusted. Is the Alexa wake beep and voice on the Beam the same? Every time I same "Alexa" I get startled because the wake beep is always so loud.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 24 July 2018, 00:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi, the Beam does have the same Alexa setup that you'd find on the Sonos One. The volume of Alexa is linked to the volume of the unit, however, there is a minimum and a maximum response volume. So sometimes if you're listening to very quiet audio, Alexa may be a bit loud since the minimum response could be louder than your listening volume.

I'll pass along the feedback to the team, as they're always looking to hear what the community has to say.
Definitely need a setting to change maximum volume of the Alexa Beep and Voice Reaponse! She’s way over-bearing!!! 🆒
Odd... I have the exact opposite problem. The beep and voice is barely audible when I have the beam at normal volume for sound from my TV via optical feed. Only shows that we really need a separate volume control for Alexa.
Please allow us to change the volume output of alexa and her beep. so very frustrating.