Answered

Increase volume on satellite speakers

• 5 July 2023
  • 8 replies

I have a Beam Gen2 and 2 One SL speakers setup as a surround. The problem is, I can’t hear the satellite speakers unless I am, literally, 2 inches in front of them, and then barely. I know about “push the button on the One speaker in increase the volume” but that increases the total volume, not just the speaker. I am attached to the TV using the HDMI cable.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 July 2023, 22:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

You can adjust the Surround Audio level under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app. Also try to play 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio whenever possible. You can confirm the audio format that is currently playing on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app.

Read more on how to change the surround audio settings here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/change-surround-audio-settings

I will try that and let you know. I don’t always know if the TV is broadcasting in 5.1 or not.

Whilst perhaps listening to surround sound audio (as shown Beams ‘Now Playing’ screen) goto ‘Settings/System[Beam Room Name]/Surround Audio’ in the Sonos App and slide the ‘TV Level’ slider control to the right towards +15 to increase the rear surround channel audio.

I will try that and let you know. I don’t always know if the TV is broadcasting in 5.1 or not.

FYI there is a ‘badge’ on the ‘Now Playing’ screen in the Sonos App that shows the type of audio input to the Beam from the TV.

Noted

I had to move the TV level to max , and set the distance to surround to 10-feet, but I can hear them now. Thanks for the help. Now to watch Avatar and see if it makes a difference. One of these days I’m going to get 2 more as back speakers. But, rent comes first.

Userlevel 7

I had to move the TV level to max , and set the distance to surround to 10-feet, but I can hear them now. Thanks for the help. Now to watch Avatar and see if it makes a difference. One of these days I’m going to get 2 more as back speakers. But, rent comes first.

What model TV do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Two rear speakers is the most Sonos allows in a surround set up. Buying more speakers won’t get more or better surround.

The question for me would be if you really get surround from your TV. What does the screen mentioned above say you are playing when you get almost nos sound from the rear speakers? Next question would be what your expectation for surround is. Surround is not about loud volumes but about birds flying away, explosions dying out, applause in concerts  etc. Surround should be more of an impression than about really hearing sounds. Last question: did you perform a Trueplay?