Answered

in-ceiling speakers not playing as surround sound

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

In-ceiling speakers (powered via sonos amp) not playing as surround sound but if I remove the surround sound speakers and have in-ceiling speaker as own group, it will play audio.

I have disconnected (unplugged) all sonos products, unplugged router. Rebooted and turned on the products one by one and there was not a fix. I repeated several times, no change.

my arc is via Wi-Fi, the amp is wired. I interchangeably moved amp from Wi-Fi to wired and that did not work either.

is there any other alternatives?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 November 2022, 07:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Keep the Amp wireless and make sure WiFi is enabled on both the Arc and Amp in the Sonos app.

How far is the Amp from the Arc? Is the Amp in a cabinet or out in the open with a clear line of sight to the Arc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you sure you’re playing a 5.1 source, and that there is any sound for the surrounds to play?

What happens if you stream music to the room? Do the “surround” speakers play the music? 

Keep the Amp wireless and make sure WiFi is enabled on both the Arc and Amp in the Sonos app.

How far is the Amp from the Arc? Is the Amp in a cabinet or out in the open with a clear line of sight to the Arc?

It looks like I needed to unplug the Ethernet cable and run “true” Wi-Fi for the amp to connect and work properly as surround speakers. Thank you for the advice!