Answered

In an unintended fashion, how would a Sonos home theatre setup do for gaming?

• 12 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Yes, I know, a Playbar isn't really intended for gaming. The best use case would be console gaming, and for an overkill option, PC gaming via optical.

If anyone has played games - most importantly, FPS games - how does a surround sound Sonos system do with enemy auditory positioning? Is it easier to hear enemies behind you? Lastly, would it give a better, more immersive experience than headphones considering the speakers are physically behind you?

Just very curious. Because if I ever buy a Playbar for my TV I might (for the bants lol) play PC games through it too.
icon

Best answer by nifoxke 12 February 2018, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I haven't experienced much success with hearing footsteps, etc. in WWII on my PS4. Maybe it would be better if I turned everything up louder but at a casual audio level you can't hear those sounds specifically. I have a much better time hearing those noises with my Sony Gold headphones with the simulated 7.1.
Userlevel 4
I haven't experienced much success with hearing footsteps, etc. in WWII on my PS4. Maybe it would be better if I turned everything up louder but at a casual audio level you can't hear those sounds specifically. I have a much better time hearing those noises with my Sony Gold headphones with the simulated 7.1.

Thanks for the reply! I always thought headphones were the ultimate way to play games. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply! I always thought headphones were the ultimate way to play games. :)

This year is the first time using them in my many years of gaming. Well worth it! Especially when chatting with friends.