Answered

Improving Sound from TV

• 1 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I have Sonos Arc with two Sonos Fives as surround speakers that’s connected to TV with my Roku box. 

When watching tv, voice volume is not ideal as it’s primarily coming from Arc. I know I can adjust the volume in the app but it’s still not the ideal when watching. I end up pumping the volume up and. It becomes too loud.

Is there a way to make the voice from TV come out of the 2 Sonos Fives I have?

Also, when I play Spotify or Apple Music from the Sonos app, it sounds amazing (full and robust) as it’s coming primarily for my 2 Sonos Fives. How can I make it sound like that when watching TV (from Roku).

Can I connect 2 Sonia Ones to this as well? Will it help?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 April 2022, 02:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

In a 5.1 home theater setup, the dialog will only play out of the center channel speaker, not the surrounds. So with your setup, dialog will only play from the center channel drivers of the Arc. The only time dialog is played from the surrounds is if someone is speaking behind the camera. The goal is to make the audio as true to life as possible. If someone is speaking in front of you, the audio will come from the front, not from the sides or behind you.

You cannot add any more surround speakers to your current setup. You can only add up to two Sonos Subs (one must be a Gen 3).

If you group a pair of Ones to your setup, dialog will play out of the Ones, but you will experience a slight audio delay from the Ones when listening to TV audio. Music will be in sync though.

Have you tried turning on Speech Enhancement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There are a few topics here asking for the ability to increase the center/voice channel volume in relation to the other channels. If that would work for you let Sonos know and we may see it some day.