If licensing is the issue for DTS support, can we have a optional license upgrade fee to add DTS support?

• 28 December 2020
  • 6 replies

If the extra licensing costs are the biggest roadblock for adding support for DTS, I’d like the option of the user just paying for the additional license fee costs to enable DTS support.  Being able to use the Arc sound system with already owned movies or TV shows that have DTS audio tracks would be ideal.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos Arc now supports multichannel LPCM audio. Set your Blu-ray player to convert DTS to PCM and you should get 5.1 PCM from all of your DTS-encoded discs which sounds just as good.

Thanks, I’ll see if that is an option on my PS5 or Xbox Series X...

Thanks, I’ll see if that is an option on my PS5 or Xbox Series X...

Doesnt the xbox have the feature to convert dts to Dolby 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The Sonos Arc now supports multichannel LPCM audio. Set your Blu-ray player to convert DTS to PCM and you should get 5.1 PCM from all of your DTS-encoded discs which sounds just as good.

Unless you have the Panasonic UB820 then for whatever reason it doesn’t freaking work!  So again, if Sonos just added DTS or added the option to add it to your setup then that would fix everything.  So silly that sub $200 soundbars support it and their expensive stuff doesn’t!

Userlevel 7

@darkonex The solution to the problem is really simple… if you don’t like the Arc, return it or sell it and purchase another speaker system that meets your requirements. Like you said… there are plenty of soundbars on the market that support DTS. And no one is forcing you to use a Sonos Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@GuitarSuperstar if my wife didn’t buy me the Arc and sub as xmas gifts then maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal ;)