Answered

HTPC only outputs Stereo PCM instead of LPCM

• 29 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my HTPC only being able to output Stereo PCM.

Would you kindly advise what could help to solve the issue so that I could play games on HTPC getting full surround effect via LPCM or at least Dolby Digital Live? 

I have the following configuration:

PC (NVIDIA 2070 Super) >> HDMI >> TV (Panasonic VIERA TX-55AS640E >> Sonos Arc (HDMI Arc) + 2x Sonos One SL

From what I read so far I believe my issue is that my TV can’t pass the signal further.

Some additional comments:

1. Would a TV with an eARC solve the issue?
  2. Is there any other option for how to work around this? E.g. I’ve read about editing EDID, getting a soundcard, getting HDMI/optical switch, running both HDMI and optical cable (not sure if this is applicable for non-receiver setup with Sonos Arc though)
  3. Streaming movies from PC via DLNA to TV enables me to receive Dolby Digital 5.1 (this is not applicable to gaming though)
  4. Streaming Netflix from TV’s app enables me to receive Dolby Digital 5.1

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 29 March 2021, 12:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A TV with eARC would work or you could go for an HDFury Arcania.  The latter would enable you to split the audio and video and remove the need to pass the audio though the TV (This would stop the TV Apps working but would be a lot cheaper than a new TV!)

A TV with eARC would work or you could go for an HDFury Arcania.  The latter would enable you to split the audio and video and remove the need to pass the audio though the TV (This would stop the TV Apps working but would be a lot cheaper than a new TV!

Thank you UKMedia, for the prompt response. Do you see any other options I have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nope, sorry.