Question

How to play from a specific speaker out of the surround setup I have??

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hey everyone,

I purchased Two Sonos 1, Arc and Gen 3 Sub. I connected everything to work as surround system.

I noticed that playing music from just the two Sonos 1’s sounds better than the surround. Is there an easy way to decide from where I want to play music?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @yuval.haimovits 

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I definitely understand your situation and would like to help out.

There are 2 ways on getting music on your surrounds using the Sonos app.

1. Removing them as surrounds for them to play music independently from the main home theater speaker which in your case id the Sonos Beam.
  2. Once done listening to music and then wanted to switch back into watching TV, we need to add them back as surrounds to your Sonos Beam.
  3. Or you can consider playing music on your Home theater system however, there would be no TV audio since the music would also be played on the Sonos Beam.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In the room settings you can put heavy bias so that the One’s play louder than the Beam when streaming music. In Settings/System/roomname scroll down to the Sound section and select Surround Audio Run the Music Level slider to the right.