Answered

How To Get Dolby Digital Or 5.1 Via Apple TV and Sonos Surround Set?

• 26 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have Apple TV 4K and the Sonos Surround Set (ARC not Playbar). My TV is a Sony Bravia 4K (KD 55X8509C) from 2015.

I know that I won't be able to get Dolby Atmos until I either upgrade my TV or buy an HD Fury Arcana.

However, when I first got my Sonos set, I could get Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1 on Apple TV 4K (on Disney Plus, Netflix etc). Now, everything plays in Stereo PCM. I haven't changed any of the settings. I've used the same content as I did when I got DD2.0 and 5.1.

Any ideas? What's going on?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 January 2022, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you tried switching the Apple TV audio output format (Auto) to ‘off’ and selecting DD 5.1 instead?

Userlevel 7

Have you tried switching the Apple TV audio output format (Auto) to ‘off’ and selecting DD 5.1 instead?

He actually should set Change Format to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital 5.1.

@ClarkKent77 If your audio settings are correct on the Apple TV and TV, I would try unplugging the TV, Arc, and Apple TV from power for a couple of minutes and test again.

Ah yes it needs to be changed to ‘On’, then select DD 5.1, thanks @GuitarSuperstar.