Skip to main content

How to fix Apple 4K TV remote not controlling Sonos soundbar

• 9 November 2022
  • 31 replies

This issue has been driving me INSANE for weeks and finally I found the answer on YouTube:

Simply hold the input and volume down button on your Apple TV 4K remote for about 5 seconds and 🪄🧙‍♂️ …issue fixed!!!! Your Apple Remote will now control your Sonos sound bar volume again. 

This works! Thank you OP I was really struggling with this. 

Bingo—worked like a charm. Thank you!

Just worked for me too.

Thank you!!

it absolutely worked.:)

To fix your Apple 4K TV remote not controlling the Sonos soundbar, ensure both devices are connected to the same network. Go to **Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control** on your Apple TV and select **Learn New Device**. Follow the prompts to reprogram the remote to control the soundbar.

To fix your Apple 4K TV remote not controlling the Sonos soundbar, ensure both devices are connected to the same network. Go to **Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control** on your Apple TV and select **Learn New Device**. Follow the prompts to reprogram the remote to control the soundbar.

What has the network got to do with this? Your “advice” only pertains to IR-controlled soundbars (ie those using an optical connection), those connected via Arc or eArc need no programming of the remote.