Question

How to control Sub Gen 3 volume independently?

• 29 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I find I want to control the Sonos sub independently from the other products for

better sound control of the system. Is there a way to do this without connecting 

the sub to another product?  I have connected it to the arc and the surround sound 1 SL

speakers, but its a bit of a pain to have to go back and adjust the sub continually  after 

you adjust the room volume that the sub is connected to. (Im in an apartment, and need to keep the sub on a low setting most of the time. But going back and forth between the room volume and sub volume seems so unnecessary and easily resolved if they allowed this feature).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ALC123456.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Apparently, Sonos sub cannot be controlled independently since it connected to its main speaker.

What I can suggest is to use the true play feature it will calibrate the room where you set up your speakers, it can do some difference in the sound quality.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.