Question

how to connect Television via HDMI ARC without using a soundbar?

• 15 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I consider to buy a Sonos system, but I am not sure if what I want to do is possible.
I want to have the sound from my television to a Sonos system without a Soundbar.

My idea is to connect my television through the HDMI/ARC port to a Sonos XX box and then stream to wireless Sonos speakers.

I also want to be able to stream from Spotify directly to the Sonos Speakers (when not using the Television)

What is your opinion, is this somehow possible ? 

br Kaj DK

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No. Only the Beam and Arc soundbars Support HDMI input. You can though stream Spotify (and other sources) to either of them. 

The Sonos amp can also connect to TV via HDMI-ARC, but would then use wired speakers for your front left and right speakers, not wireless speakers.

Hi, 

thank you for your replys, 

What if I use an HDMI/ARC to RCA converter and connect this to an Sonos Port streamer, would that work ?

The amplifier is a little bit too big …

br Kaj DK

Nope. The Port will not immediately play audio it receives through the RCA aux connection.  It will buffer it so that it be played wirelessly in sync with other Sonos speakers in your home.  Therefore, your audio would trail video from your TV and likely be unwatchable.