Question

How do I set up my Sonos with Optoma HD143x?

• 13 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently purchased an Optoma HD143x projector and I was planning on using my Sonos Beam and 2 x Sonos One speakers as the audio. However, I'm not sure how to set this up as there's no ARC connection in the projector. I tried ordering a HDMI Switch and plugging my beam into it, along with my chromecast but this didn't work either. Does anyone know if this projector is compatible with Sonos and if so, what is the correct way to set it up?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @adamkaii,

Projector set ups can be a little tricky since they aren’t technically what we would call a “supported set-up”.

Since your Optima projector does not have and HDMI/ARC connection, an optical port, or analog connections, the only way you would be able to pass an audio signal would be to use a source device that has either the ARC or Optical audio connections necessary to transfer to the Beam.

You may want to consider a Sonos device with some line in options if you wish to use the projector with Sonos.