Answered

how do i move between tv and music on the amp

• 18 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

ive plugged in the amp, connected to my system and connected the hdmi arc cable.

Slund is coming through the tv fine, but how do I turn off the tv link to play music instead?

with thanks

mark

icon

Best answer by Paul A 18 December 2020, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jonesmark1.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some instructions to help you out.

When we are using the Sonos Amp as your home theater set up (connected to tv) we can also use the Amp to play music however, there would be no audio from the TV. Here are the needed steps.

1. Once we have decided to listen to music on your Sonos Amp, Open the Sonos App.
  2. Go to rooms (bottom middle portion of the Sonos App), tap on your Sonos Amp’s room name.
  3. Go to browse and select the music service you wanted to play music from and choose to play music. ** Note there will be no TV audio since your TV Audio is set to external audio via HDMI ARC***
  4. Once we are done listening to music and wanted to watch TV, Go to rooms and tap on your Sonos Amp’s room name.
  5. Go to browse and choose Line-in » TV. That should restore TV audio on your Sonos Amp.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Perfect, 

Tried and sorted, just need to remember to go into lime in before watching TV

Thanks

mark