Answered

Home Theater & Music

• 26 July 2021
  • 1 reply

New to Sonos and just want to confirm if I can use 1 amp or need 2? 

Looking to setup a 5.1 with soundbar/amp and 2 ceiling speakers in living room. Then in kitchen/dining room use 4 ceiling speakers. 

From what I read you can connect up to 6 ceiling speakers to 1 amp. Not looking to use both systems at same time, but can I utilize the 5.1 and then the 4 other speakers separately with 1 amp?

Hope this makes sense.

thank you,

David

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 July 2021, 09:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

A single Amp acts as one zone, meaning all speakers wired to a single Amp will play the same content at the same volume. If you want the 5.1 setup to be a separate zone as the four in-ceiling speakers, you will need two Amps - one Amp to power the two rear surround speakers in the living room and one Amp to power the four speakers in the kitchen/dining room.

FYI… six speakers can be powered by one Amp only if the speakers are Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers. If they are another brand/model, you can only power up to four speakers with one Amp.