Home cinema advice needed

• 4 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, I have a simple home cinema setup - projector connects to an AppleTV, and a remote airplay speaker. No TV. There's no way I can run a wired connection between the Apple TV speaker so airplay works great.

Newbie Question: I want to investigate an improved Sonos playbase setup with (perhaps) 2 play1 satellite speakers. But I am not certain how I can stream the AppleTV sound to them. Any suggestions? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello scotsman1000, if you're planning on using a PLAYBASE with the Apple TV, you're either going to need to connect it to the Apple TV or the projector with an optical cable. Here's how the typical setup process works: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2043
Userlevel 1
Badge
Got it. However projector and appleTV are located behind me, and screen and playabase would be in front. Can't run wires between, so looks like I am out of luck. Sticking with Airplay for now until Sonos has a solution.
I’m in a similar situation as the OP. Any info on the advent of AirPlay 2 making the connection between an AppleTV and an AirPlay 2-enabled speaker possible..? *fingers crossed*
Userlevel 1
Badge
Supposedly Airplay 2 is coming to the playbase. I actually got impatient and purchased two Apple Homepods. They work great.
Sweet! Since I already have Sonos going at home for music, I’m anxious to see if Sonos/Apple will collaborate re: AppleTV and AirPlay to a cinema stereo set up behind my screen — so, can be patient for a bit longer...

Are you getting stereo with your HomePods while streaming from Netflix, etc.? Any lag time or image/sound being out of sync? Thanks for the response.