Hisense U78 and Beam GEN2 compatibility?

• 26 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello Sonos Community!

I have a Beam GEN2 and cannot capitalize on the ATMOS capabilities since my TV only has ARC (and even that does not work properly - will not pass through).  I am resigned to upgrade the TV and while OLED would be nice, my SONOS upgrades do not leave much extra for making a splash.  Hence, I am considering the Hisense U78 LED panel as a value-for-money option and am reaching out to the community for real world compatibility with SONOS Beam.  I would love a clean solution and utilize eARC!

Thanking everyone in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

If you want to keep using your current TV and you primarily use external media devices, you might consider getting the HDFury Arcana eARC adapter that allows your external devices to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Beam allowing you to get Dolby Atmos audio using your current TV. I use the Arcana with my old plasma TV and Sonos Arc and it works great:

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/