Answered

Hisense / Playbase Audio Sync Problem

• 7 May 2018
  • 7 replies

Hello all,

I am having a problem syncing the audio and video on my Hisense (Sharp brand) 55H6D tv.

I have tried using the sync assist within the app, however this only seems to make things worse. Also, there are no audio sync options within my TV. Are there any additional options I could try? This seems ridiculous...

Much appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Chris 8 May 2018, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The TV is causing too much delay sounds like. The Sonos lip sync adjustment can add more delay but it can't reduce delay (that would be impossible).

Your best bet would be bypass the TVs internal processing that is causing the delay. Hook the playbar direct to source (like cable box) or if multiple devices get an HDMI switch with optical output between devices and TV.
Thanks for the response! I'm actually only using chromecast at this time (no cable). Is there anyway to bypass the TV this way?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could use something like this if only one hdmi to input.

Or get one of the monoprice switches if you think you would want more than 1 input in future.

Cingk 4K HDMI Audio Extractor,HDMI To HDMI with Optical Toslink Digital Audio and ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GHEK0W0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_nVn8Ab6VDETNZ
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Recommend this to futurepreof more

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=15375&seq=1&format=2
Thank you again Chris, really appreciate the help.

Mind just explaining how I would install the first one from Amazon? From the looks of it, this is what i'd do:

-Keep Sonos plugged into back of TV (I'm assuming this is what do because I don't see an optical port of this switch)
-Plug this switch into back of TV
-Plug chromecast into switch

Eric
Also, any cheaper multi-HDMI switches you would recommend?
Just following up here, apologies for all the questions. Is there a cheaper alternative to a "multi HDMI" version? Thanks!