High Pitch noise on Playbar

• 11 April 2017
  • 5 replies

I've recently moved house and since I have set up by TV playbar it makes a content high pitch noise. I have turned it off etc. and it still persists. It sits in exactly next to thew same items as my other house. It is constant and really annoying so I have to unplug it when the TV is off. What else can I do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic and post the number here, so the folks at Sonos can look and see if there's something in the logs that would cause this.

That being said, I'd guess that it's a hardware fault in the electronics, so it might be worth doing the diagnostic, and then calling in to their CS phone, and they might be able to help you as quickly, especially if there's a replacement needed.

www.sonos.com/contact
Thank you...I will call them tomorrow
The PLAYBAR switched mode power supply has most probably gone noisy. Maybe the physical disturbance when moving house affected it. This is a straight hardware malfunction. Sonos Support will still want a diagnostic so they can identify the unit before offering advice.
Spoken to Sonos....so helpful offered to replace the PLAYBAR even though 2 year warranty was up. Best customer service I have experienced in a very long time and I will continue to build my Sonos collection.....worth every penny ???
Good to hear positive news. So often the posts here are complaints...