Answered

Hiding Playbar in a faux fireplace mantle.

• 27 January 2020
  • 1 reply

The mantle inside dimensions are 5"h x 71"w x 6"deep.  I may try to hide a cable box in here too.  My questions are:

1). I can lay the Playbar on it's back, with the mount holes on the bottom?

2) will I still be able to exprience nearly the same quality of audio with this covered by a speaker foam across the face of the mantle?

icon

Best answer by John G 10 February 2020, 23:31

Hi, @thomas2z. Welcome to the community. I’m sorry for the slow follow up on your question.  You are welcome to try this orientation/setup for your Playbar. If you have the Playbar laying down to have access to the ports for connecting the power and optical cables you may impede the IR sensors on your Playbar. Also, you will very likely run into audio issues having the Playbar in a more confined space, as well as having a foam speaker cover for your mantel opening. If you have an iOS device running the Sonos app you can try Trueplay as way to compensate for that but I have no guarantees on how effective it may be for your setup. Let us know if you need anything else. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, @thomas2z. Welcome to the community. I’m sorry for the slow follow up on your question.  You are welcome to try this orientation/setup for your Playbar. If you have the Playbar laying down to have access to the ports for connecting the power and optical cables you may impede the IR sensors on your Playbar. Also, you will very likely run into audio issues having the Playbar in a more confined space, as well as having a foam speaker cover for your mantel opening. If you have an iOS device running the Sonos app you can try Trueplay as way to compensate for that but I have no guarantees on how effective it may be for your setup. Let us know if you need anything else.