Question

Help with Onkyo TX-NR686 and 5.1

Hello community, would really really appreciate your help with this.

Recently got the Onkyo TX-NR686 because it "works with Sonos." I have 4 Klipsch speakers installed in my ceiling and a Klipsch subwoofer (all hard-wired). When I did a test through the Onkyo receiver, there is sound running through all the channels. However, I hooked it up to a Sonos Connect Amp, and when I try to hook it up with my Sonos app on my phone, NOTHING happens. I will say that it does seem like the Sonos Connect Amp "Sees" my phone, because if I try to play a music track, and hit pause on the Sonos Connect Amp, it does pause it on my phone. I have the Sonos Connect Amp connected to the Onkyo via RCA. There's clearly something wrong here. I have it going into the correct outputs as I saw in this video, but still not working. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFFPJp8yFhg)

Then, I installed the Beam - which I plan on using as my center channel... and it made me put that into a separate room.. but yeah, that works (on it's own). And when I group it to my other channel (which is clearly dead/not working), that obviously doesn't help. I spent literally the entire day trying to make this work, to no avail. I'm wondering what else I could possibly do. Am I supposed to connect my Beam somehow into the Onkyo receiver? Not sure how that would help since the receiver isn't working.

HELP!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.