Question

Help. what Blu-Ray player with Arc?

• 25 July 2020
  • 4 replies

I need help. I’m trying to find a Blu-Ray player with a separate HDMI audio output that I can run directly into the Arc. That will give me Dolby Atmos. I know it sounds simple, but I can’t seem to find one that does the job. Any advice? Anyone running a similar setup that works? 
Im running an LG HU70LA projector, and it won’t pass through Dolby Atmos, so I’m hoping a second Blu-Ray audio HDMI directly into the Arc as a workaround will work. Unfortunately, so far Panasonic Blu-Ray players give me no audio when wired directly into the Arc with the audio HDMI.

Update: it appears that Sony does not work either when wired directly into the Arc

many thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I could be completely wrong on this, but I don’t think you can connect ANY device directly to the SONOS Arc unless the device has an ARC or eARC HDMI port.

My understanding is that the Arc is designed to pick up signals from another device’s ARC or eARC port and will not work with a conventional HDMI to HDMI connection.

I also think this is where the new HD Fury Arcana adaptor might help, as it will take teh regular HDMI input and switch it to an eARC signal for the Arc.

As I say, the above may be nonsense and hopefully someone else will be able to correct or comment with more knowledge.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I could be completely wrong on this, but I don’t think you can connect ANY device directly to the SONOS Arc unless the device has an ARC or eARC HDMI port.

My understanding is that the Arc is designed to pick up signals from another device’s ARC or eARC port and will not work with a conventional HDMI to HDMI connection.

I also think this is where the new HD Fury Arcana adaptor might help, as it will take teh regular HDMI input and switch it to an eARC signal for the Arc.

As I say, the above may be nonsense and hopefully someone else will be able to correct or comment with more knowledge.

@lohr500 is exactly right. You can’t run external HDMI devices directly into the Sonos Arc - that’s not how it works. The Sonos Arc REQUIRES being connected to an HDMI-ARC or eARC port to get audio. 

You will absolutely want to look into getting the HD Fury Arcana (https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/) as @lohr500 stated. It will bypass your projector and basically “trick” the Sonos Arc into thinking it’s connected to a TV with an eARC port. The upshot is that you can get Atmos from your Blu-ray Player to your Sonos Arc this way. 

FYI and good luck! 

Thanks for the advice, I may order one today.

any coupon codes available?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thanks for the advice, I may order one today.

any coupon codes available?

No, but there is pre-order pricing. It started out at USD $135 and it’s currently USD $155 until they hit 800 pre-orders (which looks to be imminent), at which point it will jump to USD $165. It will stay at that price until it being shipping at which point it will jump to USD $199. 

Scroll down to “Pre-Order prices” on this page: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/