HDMI Switch - AMP - Arc - Projector - MultiSource

• 29 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I have a horrible feeling this has been asked a million times before, apologies if it has, I did search but without a clear answer.  See attached image to describe the problem more easily than words. The short text version is this:

Two video/audio HDMI sources - (Nintendo and AppleTV)

Connecting to Sonos AMP for audio

Connecting to UST Projector for image.

The projector only has HDMI input (x2) and no HDMI Arc output. The only other output on the projector is a 3.5mm headphone jack.  Optoma GT5500.

As you can see from the image, I’m looking for a magic box in the middle and I’ve no idea what I should be looking for.

Hope you can help,

Jon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @workavoidance

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

The only supported configuration for Sonos home theater products is to connect directly to the TV. We don’t recommend using an intermediary device to get the audio from multiple sources prior to it getting to the TV. While there are a few reasons you may be or may need to use HDMI switch, adaptors, Audio/Video Receiver, Projector, etc., these are non-supported setup/configuration because these ‘may’ or ‘may not’ work with Sonos. 

Hopefully, somebody who has the same set up as yours will stop by and be able to help you.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions or concerns,  feel free to reach out.

Hi. The connection from the magic box to the Amp should say HDMI -ARC, not HDMI.

If you changed the Amp for a Sonos Arc then the magic box would be an HDFury Arcana.

Hi John, is the Arcana only compatible with the Arc, I.e. not with the amp? Just bought an amp but can’t manage to set it up with my arcana..