Answered

hdmi cable too long

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi team , quick question , the Sonos hdmi cable I have for my beam 2 is too long , the beam sits in front of my TV and basically goes under the TV  to the hdmi socket , is it possible to coil up the hdmi cable and secure it with a velcro cable tie Or can I use any other shorter hdmi cable ?? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 February 2022, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can either coil the cable lightly, it’s wired so the issues around coiling optical cables don’t apply, or any HDMI eArc cable will work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

You can either coil the cable lightly, it’s wired so the issues around coiling optical cables don’t apply, or any HDMI eArc cable will work.

Thank you , I'd prefer to use the original .

Am I ok running 3 hdmi cables next to each other , tied together , saves all 3 drooping down , rather tie them together

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you , I'd prefer to use the original .

Am I ok running 3 hdmi cables next to each other , tied together , saves all 3 drooping down , rather tie them together

Yes, that should be okay due to the shielding on each cable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When tying them do not crank down on the ties to where you crimp the cables, that can cause internal damage and much frustration.

I like Velcro to tie mine up for the most part, when there isn’t room I use Velcro One-Wrap that is a lot thinner and cheaper. It does come in pre-cut and black instead of green.

https://smile.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Adjustable-Gardens-Gardening/dp/B005755YSQ/ref=sr_1_5

https://smile.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Reusable-Fastening-Organizing/dp/B001E1Y5O6/ref=sr_1_3