Answered

Has anyone managed to genuinely get Dolby Atmos through the Sonos Arc. And if so, which TV are you using (make and model)?

• 18 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Not sure it is possible to get Dolby ATMOS through the Sonos Arc, but it maybe then someone has found a TV that is compatible.

icon

Best answer by Trinitycall 24 September 2020, 12:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Perhaps if you told us what TV make and model you have, and what sources you are trying to play, and how everything is connected,  someone on here will be able to help you get Atmos or explain why you can't. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’ve seen it from a bunch of different TVs, including LG, Sony, and Samsung TVs. At my own home, I’m getting Atmos played on my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k, through Dolby Digital Plus on my TCL Roku TV 65r615.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

it is genuinely possible. as @John B notes, without more information we can’t offer much useful for your situation except suggest waving a dead chicken over it - that worked for me but YMMV.

Userlevel 7

@Trinitycall 

Sounds like you’re asking a pre-sales question rather than that you are having an issue. I’ll join the rest and say Dolby Atmos can be played through the Arc. My set is a LG C9 (2019) with Arc.

Cheers!

If, indeed you’re pre-purchase of a TV, get one with eARC, and you should be able to play Dolby Atmos without issue. Currently, there aren’t that many TVs with eARC (yet), but you could look on rtings.com for a list. 

Userlevel 1

Thought I’d provide an update. Plugged in the new Arcana eARC adapter (to Apple TV, projector, Sonos Arc) and without changing any settings had a 4k HDR picture and Dolby Atmos coming out of the Sonos Arc.

A must buy for people with projectors or non-eArc compatible TVs.

Simple