Answered

Great Room Fix

• 30 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Amp connected to 4 Sonos in wall architecture speakers in our living area. They sound amazing when playing music in the entire house.

The problem is, the 4 speakers are pretty high up the wall, because we have an open floor plan. When watching TV the sound isn't great.

Anyone have a recommendation on what we could do for better sound lower in the room when watching TV?

I don't think we could add an Arc or Beam to the Amp and other 4 speakers. Any other options?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 1 November 2021, 05:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I don’t want to put any words into your brain. Can you describe why the sound is “not great”? How are the speakers positioned relative to the TV?

Userlevel 7

Have you already pivoted the tweeter and midrange/tweeter assembly down toward your seating position? If not, check out page 3 from this manual:

https://www.sonos.com/pdfs/productguides/en-us/sonos_in_wall_by_sonance.pdf

Userlevel 7

In wall speakers for TV should be positioned to the left and right of the TV no more than 12 inches from either side. Height should be midway between the top and the bottom of the TV. This suggested positioning allows the speakers to create a “phantom” center channel to anchor voice audio to the screen while allowing for left/right stereo effects.  Unfortunately the positioning of the speakers as you describe will be a challenge to get decent audio for TV. Using Trueplay may provide some improvement.