Getting Optical Connection Back to Playbar From OneConnect Box

• 17 July 2017
  • 2 replies

First time poster here, and I have a question/brain teaser for the community.
I'm looking at getting the new Samsung Frame, beautiful TV and value prop, hide a piece of technology in plain sight. That said they use an 'invisible connection' super thin connecting wire to their One Connect Box for all connections. I'm trying to figure out how to simply get the optical audio back from the one connect box discreetly without having to put holes in my condos walls. Right now it does defeat the purpose of an invisible connection when I have to send optical back the the Playbar I'm mounting above the TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would have thought the Optical connection would be the least of your concerns:-

1) The Playbar is not an insignificant presence in it's own right. I don't see how it's going to fir in aesthetically with this TV and your décor.
2) The connect box still requires power, Network (possibly), Satellite and/or aerial connection and possibly other HDMI inputs. So you're going to need to solve that conundrum as well

You could easily mount the Playbar on a shelf behind which you could hide the optical, power and network (optional) cables.
Does not take the point, which I do. Did you resolve the issue as I have the same problem? Samsung also mentioned they don’t recommend optical cable back any longer than 2-3 metres. A great oversight in Samsung design.