Answered

Full music playback using TV as input? Work arounds?

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I currently have a playbar and two rear surrounds and sub.  At times I move my two rears to full music playback when entertaining.  I recently moved my main TV to Apple TV as playing my itunes on the tv with lyrics is a pretty cool feature.  However, since the system is routed through the TV I can only use ambient mode for the rears which really lessens the experience.  My questions are….Is there a work around here? If I upgrad to the ARC does the work around options make more sense? 

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 March 2021, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I currently have a playbar and two rear surrounds and sub.  At times I move my two rears to full music playback when entertaining.  I recently moved my main TV to Apple TV as playing my itunes on the tv with lyrics is a pretty cool feature.  However, since the system is routed through the TV I can only use ambient mode for the rears which really lessens the experience.  My questions are….Is there a work around here? If I upgrad to the ARC does the work around options make more sense? 

Thank you 

There still isn’t any setting to have the rear speakers play in ‘full’ or stereo when using a TV audio source for the Arc or any other Sonos home theatre setup.