Feature Request: TV Delay to match other rooms

• 12 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos beam and sub connected to my TV, plus a mix of One SLs and Symfonisks in other rooms.  I notice that when I group my kitchen speakers with the Beam and Sub for TV watching, the kitchen is delayed slightly, creating an very slight echo.  I have already reduced the latency on the system to 70ms.  I would love to be able to introduce a slight delay (30ms?) to the TV so that the Beam and Sub could be in perfect sync with the Kitchen speakers.  I understand that this would affect lip sync on the Beam with the TV, but I am willing to accept this.  I think it would be a great option.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Settings → System → (room) → TV Dialog Sync

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Settings → System → (room) → TV Dialog Sync

If only all feature requests could be provided that quickly 😜

Something has to give…. so this is at the cost of increasing the audio lag versus the video to at least 70ms.  But in many use cases this doesn’t matter.

So you all are right, and the fix above worked. I guess I was under the (false) impression that adding that delay under dialog sync would delay the signal to all speakers, not just the Beam. Thanks for the help!