Feature Request - Option to automatically boost volume when PCM source detected

• 25 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I've had a Beam in 5.1 configuration for a few years and recently upgraded to the ARC. 

I've noticed that the system is much louder in Dolby mode than PCM/LPCM. This is probably just down to the way Dolby is encoded. But in practice the experience is jarring when switching between sources - you find yourself reaching for the remote to adjust the volume as needed. It's especially apparent when flicking through Sky channels - some of them have a Dolby track and some don't. I'm also reading some people are also having issues with low volume LPCM on PS5.

What might help here could be a background option/switch/slider, to automatically boost the volume when a TV PCM source is detected.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @McMurdeR,

Thanks for your feature request, as well as the explanation for the need of such a toggle. I’ll pass your request on to our development team for consideration :slight_smile: