Feature Request: Atmos control.

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve mocked up a new setting area in the S2 app that really should be simple to implement as it’s literally uses the same logic and configuration as the surround audio settings — only this would focus on the 2 Atmos firing speakers only.

Simple visibility of the Atmost setting as On/Off
Allow basic control to set preference of overall volume boost for the two types of content and if TruePlay is not used, allow settings to configure ceiling height. Maybe distance back to the listening area as well?

With this little extra control, we could improve the impact or sound stage based on how our individual spaces are configured. Additionally, I think having the option to turn the Atmos firing speakers on for non-atmos content could be possible to simply improve the impact of 5.1 sound output.

This could be some very low hanging fruit with a huge impact for all Arc owners and potential soundbar buyers who are on the fence about buying the Arc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sixoversix, thanks for reaching out and for the suggestion about improving the Dolby Atmos feature on the Sonos App. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products. Once they checked this, Possible that it may be included in future updates.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let us know.

The Sonos community is always here to help.