Answered

Fading and shutting off Playbase

• 6 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I have had a couple PlayBase’s both purchased from Crutchfield, I have owned for a little over 2 years now and one of them started getting quieter and quieter.  When you try to make up for that sound dropping off it shuts off completely, no lights, no touch panel, drops out of the app completely.  The only way to get it to come back is to unplug it, wait a little bit, then plug it back in. 

It doesn’t appear to be an update as far as I can tell as the other PlayBase is functioning for the time being and most likely not a fuse because of it coming back after plugging it back in.

Sadly out of 16 Sonos devices, this one appears to be dying. Guessing a power board’s capacitor or capacitors.  

Any suggestions out there?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 February 2021, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

There isn’t much the community can recommend about a potential hardware issue

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for the info, I was going to do the system diagnostic upon reading other issues people have been having as well.  Thought that I would throw it out to the community if anyone else has run into the same issue.  I am pretty sure its the hardware - I know its out of warranty of course… just hurts is all.

There isn’t much the community can recommend about a potential hardware issue

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

What I really would like is Sonos’ support to help instead of taking me in circles with the same person “Hi, I am so and so, whats your problem?  Submit diagnostics here” which I do I let them know, and the same person responds… “Hi, I am so and so, whats your problem?  Submit diagnostics here”.  This has sadly happened 3 times now with the same support ticket.  My guess is it’s automated and I am outta luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @rallymaster, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for your experience so far - looks like your case got stuck for a short period of time, however I’ve found it in our system and I’ve requested a colleague of mine to take over the case - they should be getting in touch with you via e-mail shortly :)

Hi @rallymaster, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for your experience so far - looks like your case got stuck for a short period of time, however I’ve found it in our system and I’ve requested a colleague of mine to take over the case - they should be getting in touch with you via e-mail shortly :)

Hello Xander,

Thanks for getting me in touch with a support person… Georgios was very informative and helpful.  But I think I am stuck in another help loop because Susan (robot?) does not appear to be reading my response.  I asked her to please read my response and they came back within 20 minutes with the same lack luster response.

Little help?  Again… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @rallymaster - not a problem. I’ve taken over the case for now, and you should be receiving an email shortly :)

I’ll also be happy to pass on your feedback regarding the support team - we always want to be improving the level of service, so it’s helpful to know when we’re falling short!