Answered

Epson 4k LS11000 with Sonos ARC - Skipping Dolby Atmos Sound

• 11 October 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have Apple TV (3rd gen) HD connected to Epson 4k LS11000 projector via 30 ft long hdmi fiber cable (24Gbps). Another 30 ft cable connected from projector eARC out to Sonos ARC. There is a Sonos Sub and 2 Era 100 surround sound speakers also connected. 

All good. However, playing any Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 is having issues. Video plays smoothly but the sound is skipping to the extent that it is absent for multiple seconds. 

Playing Atmos sound also skips with Xbox as input source.

Is it possible that 24Gbps is lower bandwidth and I should try 48 Gbps instead ?

I would really like this to be fixed. Would appreciate if anyone have had similar experience and was able to resolve it.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2023, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ukn 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t think you’d need higher-bitrate cables unless your projector is capable of high refresh rates.

Please try unplugging the projector from power for a couple of minutes. If that doesn’t help the situation any, I can only recommend testing with standard cable lengths (less than 5m/15 feet) to compare performance. I appreciate that your projector is likely at the back of the room while the other devices are at the front, so long cables are needed, but they’re presently my main concern. Short-throw projectors are generally a better fit for sound-bars due to this cabling issue as they can be located at the front of the room along with the sound-bar.

I hope this helps.

I am having a similar issue. I have the Epson LS11000 with Sonos arc, two Era 300s, and a Sub gen 3. When I plug in an 8k HDMI 2.1 25 foot cable the image randomly turns off and on every few seconds. Is it because the cable is too long? Or whats the issue? 

If I play via airplay from Apple TV to the speakers it works fine but not sure its 5.1 surround sound. But if I plug in the 25 foot cable then I start having issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A better quality cable might help.

Be sure you are getting better quality and not some snake oil, magic and too expensive cable.