Answered

Epson 2150 w/no HDMI ARC / HMDI Switch / Beam 5.1

• 13 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Hey all,

I have basically the same set up as the guy in this post https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/epson-2150-projector-chromecast-beam-6817676, only instead of a chromecast, I have a Amazon Fire stick. I have the same HMDI switch he has (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K7BZ1XC/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1)

I’ve set up as follows. HDMI 1 in: Amazon Fire Stick, Output HDMI: Epson 2150, SPDIF: Beam connected through optical cable. For the HDMI switch itself, I have it set to Pass and Channel 1.

The problem is, when I go through the TV set up in the Sonos app, I get stuck at the Enable CEC step. When i test connection it eventually says “CEC no connected”. Has anyone run into this before? I’ve enabled the fire stick to send out the Dolby digital signal, but doesn’t’ seem to help.

Anyone got any ideas? I’m at a total loss. I appreciate any help you have!!

-Jon

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 March 2020, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If you’re connecting to a HDMI switch, via optical, there would be no HDMI-CEC to connect to/activate etc. I’ve never been through the process of setting up a Beam, but I have to imagine there is a fork somewhere in it where you choose the connection type, either HDMI-ARC or optical. You should be choosing optical. 

I appreciate the response! You were absolutely correct. I just did that, but now the sonos says it doesn’t not detect any sound coming from the projector. My projectors internal speakers are disabled and its utilizing the AV output, but the Sonos can’t pick up on it. Any ideas on this one?

-Jon

Bruce,

Nevermind! I was able to change the HDMI switch settings and get it to work. I needed to deselect the ARC function and put it in pass. The issue now is that I can’t get the beam to read my projector’s remote. It won’t change the volume settings. Again...any ideas?

-Jon

Bruce,

Once again I answered my own question. I had to go into the Sonos app and enable “Use IR” for the remote. Thanks again for the initial steer!

-Jon

Heh. I give the best advice when people fix it themselves, and I am silent ;)

Glad you got it working. Enjoy!

Jon-i have been trying to figure out how to hook up my beam to my projector and utilize my fire stick for some time, i just ordered the switch you have, i will be trying this tomorrow. Thank you!